Instituted in 1946 and awarded to all Polish combatants who served in the military or resistance in France between 1939-1945.
The bronze coloured medal, measuring 1.37" in diameter depicts on the obverse a styled Polish crowned eagle with a French Lorraine Cross at the base. This is flanked by the dates 1940 and 1944 and surrounded by the inscription: "POLSKI RUCH OPORU WE FRANCJI" (Polish Resistance Movement in France) on an elevated rim.
The reverse depicts a machingun with an oak leaf wreath, surrounded by the inscription: "RESISTANCE POLONAISE EN FRANCE" (Polish Resistance Movement in France) and the dates 1940 and 1944.
The ribbon is coloured black with two narrow red stripes at the sides. A band of light blue V signs runs down the center. The insignia which is worn on the uniform is equal to the ribbon but depicts a single V sign only.