- A German name for retaliation weapons, in German “Vergeltungswaffe”. The secret weapons that had to bring victory to Adolf Hitler at the end of World War 2. The V1 (flying bomb) and the V2 (rocket weapon) were used in operation.
- Vassal State
- A state very much depending on another state. For example, during World War 2 Hungary was a German vassal state.
- Victory in Europe Day. The day that Nazi-Germany finally capitulated (8 May 1945).
- A camp during World War 2 where large groups of people, mainly Jews and Gypsies were liquidated by the SS by gassing. Auschwitz, Treblinka and Majdanek are three examples of extermination camps.
- Vichy Government
- Government in the unoccupied part of France, seated in Vichy. This government collaborated with the Germans. In 1943 France was completely occupied by Germany.
- Victory Japan Day. Day of from the surrender of Japan to the Allies ( 2 September 1945).
- Vlaams Nationaal Verbond (VNV)
- Flemish National League. Political nationalist party founded in 1933. Its goal was to merge Flanders with The Netherlands. In World War 2the VNV collaborated with the German occupier.
- Volk en Vaderland
- People and Fatherland. The daily newspaper of the NSB.
- Designation of an ethnic German outside the borders from the Third Reich.