Armitage, Robert Selby
- Date of birth:
- March 28th, 1910 (Birling, Kent, Great Britain)
- Date of death:
- June 1st, 1982 (Nettlebed, Oxfordshire, Great Britain)
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Later promoted to the rank of Lieutenant-Commander. Commanded a coaster at the evacuation at Dunkirk. Robert Armitage's medal group is on display in the Victoria Cross & George Cross Gallery in the Imperial War Museum in London, Great Britain.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
"For mine disposal work at Corton Sands, Suffolk on 15 June 1942."
- Photo: George Cross Database
- - Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 35025 published on the 27 December 1940
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36379 published on the 11 February 1944