Arbuckle, George Frederick
- Date of birth:
- 1921 (Toronto/Ontario, Canada)
- Date of death:
- March 2nd, 1994 (Lindsay/Ontario, Canada)
- Canadian (1931-present, Republic)
Before the war George Arbuckle was a shoe salesman, He enlisted in the RCAF in 1941.
After the he was employed by York Farms (a division of Canada Packers).
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Acting Squadron Leader
- 429 Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force (429 Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force)
- Awarded on:
- October 3rd, 1944
"This officer has at all times displayed a high degree of skill and determination. He has completed many sorties including attacks on Berlin, Leipzig, Frankfurt and other heavily defended targets. On one occasion on the bombing run, his aircraft was hit by anti-aircraft fire. One engine was put out of action but Squadron Leader Arbuckle continued the bombing run and successfully attacked the target. This officer is a very capable flight commander whose excellent leadership is largely responsible for the efficiency of the squadron."