Gordon, Kenneth James,
- Service number:
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
? Warrant Officer
September 15th, 1943: Pilot Officer (probation/emergency)
March 18th, 1944: Flying Officer (war sub)
September 17th, 1945: Flight Lieutenant (war sub)
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Flying Officer
- No. 105 Squadron, Royal Air Force
- Awarded on:
- August 15th, 1944
"Since being awarded the D.F.C., Fit. Lt. Gordon has taken part in many further attacks on heavily defended and vital targets in Germany. As a navigator his work has been of the highest standard and he has always displayed outstanding courage and endurance."
Second DFC awarded as a bar for on the ribbon of the first DFC.
"This officer commenced operational flying in September, 1940, and has participated in three tours of operational duty. In all this later sorties he accomplished the duties of target marker with great success. At all times Flt. Lieut. Gordon has shown great navigational skill, courage and determination. He has never let either adverse weather or opposition deter him from completing his allotted task."
Third DFC awarded as a bar for on the ribbon of the first DFC.
- - Second Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36248 published on the 12 November 1943
- Second Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36135 published on the 13 August 1943
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36458 published on the 4 April 1944
- Fifth Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 36656 published on the 11 August 1944
- Third Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 37323 published on the 23 October 1945
- Fourth Supplement to The London Gazette Issue 37324 published on the 23 October 1945
- Flight Global - Archive