Order of the Companions of Honour

This Order was instituted in 1917 by King George V for conspicious national service and is limited to 65 persons. Non-British recipients are known as "honorary member".
The badge depicts an oak tree with the shield of Royal Arms, an armoured knight mounted on a horse and the motto: "In action faithfull and in honour clear". The ribbon is 1.25" wide, crimson in colour with narrow borders of gold thread.