- Date of birth:
- February 14th, 1921 (Crailsheim/Württemberg, Germany)
- Date of death:
- November 29th, 2006 (Bad Vilbel/Hesse, Germany)
- German (1933-1945, Third Reich)
Werner Utter learned to fly in a glider plane in 1935. During the Second World War he fl;ew with a Kampfgeschwader, piloting planes like the Messerschmitt Me 262 and the Arado Ar 243.
When in 1955 the Lufthansa started operating again, Werner Utter became a pilot there. From 1971 until 1972 he was their Chefpilot and he stayed with the Lufthansa as Flottenchef until his retirement in 1985.
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Oberleutnant (Flying Officer)
- x. / Kampfgeschwader x
- Awarded on:
- January 1st, 1945
The date is that of the publication in the Luftwaffen-Verordnungsblatt.
- - PATZWALL, K. & SCHERZER, V., Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941-1945, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2001.
- PATZWALL, K. D., Der Ehrenpokal für besondere Leistung im Luftkrieg, Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall, Norderstedt, 2008.
- Death notice by Lufthansa
- Luftfahrtsammlung Fiebig