- The German name for a submarine. German U-Boats (Submarines) played a very important role during the course of warfare until May 1943. Many cargo and passenger ships were torpedoed and sunk by these assassins of the sea.
- British intelligence service during World War 2
- United Nations War Crimes Commission.
- Special commission of the United Nations which investigated war crimes.
- In the Nazi philosophy the opposite of a superior human being (Übermensch), a human being with superior mental and physical characteristics.
- USAAF / United States Army Air Force
- The American air force.
- Union of socialistic Soviet republics also called the Soviet Union. Federation of republics during Russia’s communist period from Russia.
- Ustaša movement
- ( Servian-Croatic = revolt ) Since 1929 the name of the nationalistic organisation founded by Ante Paveliç aimed against Serbian centralism. The movement had also a part in the murder of King Alexander in 1934. After the German invasion in 1941 they came to power in the newly proclaimed Croatian State. The Ustaša administration had a reputation of being brutal. After the collapse of the regime in May 1945 a number Ustaša supporters fled the country, while others fought against Tito until 1947.