Calvert, Wilfred Sylvester
- Service number:
- British (1801-present, Kingdom)
Wilfred Sylvester Calvert served in Egypt, Lybia, Tunesia, Italy and Central Europe.
November 16th, 1940: 2nd Lieutenant;
April 1st, 1943: temporary Captain;
May 23rd, 1946: Honorary Captain.
November 16th, 1940: Commissioned;
June 30th, 1943: Embarked for unknown destĪnation;
August 30th, 1943: posted to British North Africa Force, 25th Light Aid Detachment Regiment;
October 19th, 1943: Embarked for United Kingdom;
June 1st, 1944: Embarked for British Army of the Rhine
May 23rd, 1946: Released from Service
Do you have more information about this person? Inform us!
- Second World War (1939-1945)
- Royal Regiment of Artillery
- Awarded on:
- October 15th, 1942
"When enemy tanks broke into his position he achieved an almost impossible performance by getting three of the four guns to safety, the other was destroyed. He then saw some men in difficulties, went to them and brought them all to safety under intense enemy fire."
Western Desert - Deir-el-Shein
- - Third Supplement to The London Gazette of 3rd December 1940, Issue 35008, dated 6th December 1940
- Supplement to The London Gazette of 13th October 1942, Issue 35745, dated 15th October 1942
- Service Record